Author Topic: Dollar Tree Prepping  (Read 6699 times)

Rated 2 times
Great

Offline GA

• Rating: +12/-0
    • View Profile
    • Survive2balive.com
Dollar Tree Prepping
« on: September 04, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »
« Last Rated on: September 16, 2012, 02:22:38 PM »
Times are tough for everyone in this economy and like others you are on a tight budget.  You really want to get going with your preps but there never seems to be enough extra cash on hand to really get things rolling.  Even Walmart prices are going up and you are discouraged.  We have all been there, I know I have, but I found one solution to my preparedness budget…the dollar store.

Please allow me to clarify. There are so many dollar stores around nowadays that really are no longer dollar stores.  They call themselves dollar stores but in reality they only have a small area of items you can purchase for one dollar.  That is why I really like the Dollar Tree. EVERY item in the Dollar Tree costs one US Dollar and believe me there are quite a few items you can use in you preps.

Here’s a quick list of some things sold at the Dollar Tree that should be in everyone’s supplies:

Hygiene:
 Baking soda
 Toothbrushes
 Toothpaste
 Shaving cream
 Deodorant
 Feminine products
 Hand sanitizer
 KY jelly
 Band-Aids
 Gauze
 Antibiotic ointment
 Hydrogen peroxide
 Rubbing alcohol

Household:
 Dish soap
 Bleach
 Plastic food storage bags
Trash bags
 Cleaners and disinfectants
 Work gloves
 Duct tape
 Bungee cords
 Super glue
 Cable ties
 Flashlights
 Lighters
 Matches
 Plastic sheeting
 D-ring clips
 Plastic silverware
 Paper plates
 Light sticks

…and the list goes on. 

If you have a Dollar Tree, or a store that is similar near you, I would recommend a visit.  Try not going there with a list. 
 Keep an open mind and browse the aisles.  You will be amazed with all the things you will discover that you are missing from your preps or that you can double-up on.  The part that always amazes me the most is the price.  I can walk in with 50 bucks and leave with a back seat filled with preps!
Spe Labor Levis
GA
www.survive2balive.com

Not Yet Rated!

Auth

Re: Dollar Tree Prepping
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
Doctor PrepperI have been prepping thrguoh most of my life. My grandmother did it, my mother did it and now I do it and my grown children are doing it.  There have been a few times thrguoh out my adult life that I did have to rely on my stores. The last of which is right now!  I suddenly became disabled after being a nurse for 42 years.  I did not plan on retiring, but here I am.  My income is about 25% of what it was while I was working. Thank the Lord that I have prepared!  My life style has not changed and I have plenty to eat.  I will be moving into a smaller dwelling in the near future, but that will be the only change.  My vehicle is paid for; I have no debt; I have more than a lot of people do today.  I will continue to prep no matter what.  Now that I am no longer working outside of my home I have found that I remain quite busy with my large garden, canning, quilting, needle work and sewing.  I have more time to make most things from scrtach and in turn save more that way. I cannot imagine why anyone would choose not to be prepared.Thank you Mr. Stevens.  I personally appreciate all of your efforts.Sandy F

Rated 1 time
Excellent!

Mai

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »
« Last Rated on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:06 AM »
Our family is tainkg the necessary steps to ensure that we will have enough food and so should you. Stop going to the movies and wasting money on expensive stuff you DON?T NEED. Do your kids really need a new cell phone this year? Do you need all those premium channels on TV? Make some cuts and spend the money on food storage, before prices go up. We get everything from shelfreliancesanantonio.com ? the food costs less than other companies and it tastes great. Don?t know what you need? They even have a food planner to help you get started. Don?t wait another day!

Not Yet Rated!

Aleksandra

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 02:50:37 AM »
Our family of four steyad in the Meadow Fork cabin. This was our first trip to Boyd Mnt. It will not be the last. We enjoyed our trip. Every need was covered by the stocked cabin and we felt at ease our entire stay. This is an authentic historic cabin with all the upgrades one could want for a relaxing quite stay. Thanks. I would and will recommend this cabin and the Boyd Mnt Farm.

Not Yet Rated!

Offline Prepper2020

• Administrator
  • Rating: +18/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:48 AM »
Our family is tainkg the necessary steps to ensure that we will have enough food and so should you. Stop going to the movies and wasting money on expensive stuff you DON?T NEED. Do your kids really need a new cell phone this year? Do you need all those premium channels on TV? Make some cuts and spend the money on food storage, before prices go up. We get everything from shelfreliancesanantonio.com ? the food costs less than other companies and it tastes great. Don?t know what you need? They even have a food planner to help you get started. Don?t wait another day!
Well Said Mai!  I totally agree!  Thank you favicon11
Do whats right come what may. It is time to act, are you? Mobilize, vote & Prepare while you still can. Tomorrow might be to late. God Speed my friends.
"In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish mans devours all he has." Proverbs 21:20

Not Yet Rated!

Offline M. Stephens

• Rating: +0/-0
  • Honored New Member!
    • View Profile
    • Forward Your
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 02:27:32 PM »
Times are tough for everyone in this economy and like others you are on a tight budget.  You really want to get going with your preps but there never seems to be enough extra cash on hand to really get things rolling.  Even Walmart prices are going up and you are discouraged.  We have all been there, I know I have, but I found one solution to my preparedness budget…the dollar store.

Please allow me to clarify. There are so many dollar stores around nowadays that really are no longer dollar stores.  They call themselves dollar stores but in reality they only have a small area of items you can purchase for one dollar.  That is why I really like the Dollar Tree. EVERY item in the Dollar Tree costs one US Dollar and believe me there are quite a few items you can use in you preps.

Here’s a quick list of some things sold at the Dollar Tree that should be in everyone’s supplies:

Hygiene:
Baking soda
 Toothbrushes
 Toothpaste
 Shaving cream
 Deodorant
 Feminine products
 Hand sanitizer
 KY jelly
 Band-Aids
 Gauze
 Antibiotic ointment
 Hydrogen peroxide
 Rubbing alcohol

Household:
 Dish soap
 Bleach
 Plastic food storage bags
Trash bags
 Cleaners and disinfectants
 Work gloves
 Duct tape
 Bungee cords
 Super glue
 Cable ties
Flashlights
 Lighters
 Matches
 Plastic sheeting
 D-ring clips
 Plastic silverware
 Paper plates
 Light sticks

…and the list goes on. 

If you have a Dollar Tree, or a store that is similar near you, I would recommend a visit.  Try not going there with a list. 
 Keep an open mind and browse the aisles.  You will be amazed with all the things you will discover that you are missing from your preps or that you can double-up on.  The part that always amazes me the most is the price.  I can walk in with 50 bucks and leave with a back seat filled with preps!

Yes the time is too much hard right now.. cause the economy is not helping people in these days.. Say i have to bye some icecream but i have to think twice before buying it.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:36:55 AM by M. Stephens »